The purpose of this Auckland based role is to role is to support the Communications Manager to deliver strategic communications advice and services on an account management basis to specific Whānau Ora partners and key stakeholders and/or programmes of work within the organisation. This involves:
- Assisting with the development of communications strategies and plans, and work with key partners and stakeholders to implement those strategies and plans.
- Leading and assisting the development of communications material as required, including material for the Minister’s office, Board meetings and Senior Management.
- Working alongside the Communications Manager to develop and deliver internal communications and external stakeholder engagement.
- Working with the media to plan proactive media activity and develop and deliver responses to queries.
- Assisting with the drafting of Ministerial briefings for the Ministers of the Crown.
This is an exciting opportunity for a person seeking to use their skills and experience to make a positive difference. You will need to have:
- Strong writing, editing and oral communications skills.
- Experience in communications strategy and planning, and in the design and delivery of written media, external and internal communication material.
- A demonstrated ability to take a strategic, proactive approach to media management, internal communications and stakeholder engagement.
- Understanding of Pacific Whānau Ora work, decision-making and operating procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain constructive and effective relationships at all levels.
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Fluency in at least one Pacific language.
If you want to join a team that aspires to excellence “in all we do” then please submit your application to Mata Nanai, firstname.lastname@example.org