The purpose of this role is to support the Director of Performance and Evaluation in providing ongoing high-quality data management, analysis and reporting to support the performance monitoring, evaluation and research needs of Pasifika Futures. The two full-time data analyst positions will work closely together and with the Pasifika Futures Knowledge team to provide all aspects of management, analysis and reporting of quantitative data. This agenda is aligned with Pasifika Futures Vision and Purpose to work alongside Pacific families in New Zealand, supporting their aspirations to shape a better future.
Core responsibilities of this role involve:
Performance Monitoring and Evaluation: Data Management, Analysis and Reporting
- Produces data and quantitative reports and dashboards to meet the monitoring, evaluation and research needs of PFL
- Manages and ensures quality data standards are maintained in our data collection, analysis and reporting
- Works collaboratively on the production and ongoing improvement of databases, dashboards and quantitative reports
- Builds and maintains effective working relationship with the Director Performance and Evaluation, CEO, and Knowledge, Engagement and Enablement teams.
Building Our Evidence Base on Pacific families
- Keeps current and up to date in terms of analytical skills and knowledge
- Contributes to updating and building the Pasifika Futures evidence base on what works and doesn’t work to increase Pacific family capabilities across our four broad outcomes.
- Contributes to disseminating our evidence base by presenting to partners, and contributing to published reports and articles.
Works collaboratively to share learning and build capacity in others
- Works collaboratively with others via participation in internal and external collaboratives, weekly meetings, formal reports and informal ad hoc reporting
- Work collaboratively with Pasifika Futures staff and partners to ensure quantitative monitoring and evaluation data evidence is timely and accurate
- Contributes to monitoring and evaluation training development and implementation
- Proactively looks for opportunities to share information and learning
This is an exciting opportunity for someone seeking to use their skills and experience to make a positive difference.
The successful applicants will possess these skills:
- Tertiary qualification, in Science, Analytics, Computer and Information Science, Statistics, Economics or related area
- Exhibits and models Pasifika Futures Value Expectations
- Developing Strategic Relationships – Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence and build effective relationships with business partners (e.g., peers, functional partners, external vendors, and alliance partners).
- Communicating with Impact – Expressing thoughts, feelings, and ideas in a clear, succinct, and compelling manner in both individual and group situations; adjusting language to capture the attention of the audience.
- Driving for Results – Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goal attainment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed those goals.
- Understanding and relationship with Pacific communities including knowledge of the challenges that Pacific families face
- Technical understanding of SQL, R or other programming language
- Proficient in EXCEL, power query
- Fluency in a Pacific language
If this sounds like you and you want to join the Pasifika Futures team, please submit your application to Gina Harvey at Gina@Pasifikafutures.co.nz
For other enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (09) 250 2761