The purpose of this role is to support the Director of Performance and Evaluation in providing ongoing, high quality data analysis and reporting to support the performance monitoring, evaluation and research needs of Pasifika Futures. The Evaluator will work closely together with the Pasifika Futures Knowledge team to provide analysis, writing and reporting of our evidence base. This agenda is aligned with Pasifika Future’s Vision and Purpose to work alongside Pacific families in New Zealand, supporting their aspirations to shape a better future.
Performance Monitoring and Evaluation: Analysis, Reporting and Writing
- Produces high quality, timely analysis and writing to support PFL research and reports
- Supports the production and design of high quality, timely reports to meet the monitoring, evaluation and research needs of PFL
- Work collaboratively on the production and ongoing improvement of monitoring, evaluation and research products, including reports, frameworks and tools
- Builds and maintains effective working relationship with the Director Performance and Evaluation, the Knowledge team, CEO, Engagement and Enablement teams and PFL partners.
Building Our Evidence Base on Pacific families
- Contributes to publishing reports, articles, and presentations on PFL Knowledge and evidence
- Keeps current and up to date in terms of political, social, economic, cultural and health literature on Pacific people in New Zealand
- Develops and manages the Pasifika Futures qualitative evidence base (including literature) on what works and doesn’t work to increase Pacific family capabilities across our four broad outcomes (Education, Health, Economic and Culture, Leadership and Language).
Works collaboratively to share learning and build capacity in others
- Works collaboratively with other PFL staff via participation in internal and external collaboratives, weekly meetings, formal reports and informal ad hoc reporting
- Works collaboratively with Pasifika Futures staff and partners to develop and implement Knowledge training products with partners
- Builds and maintains partnerships with key Knowledge stakeholders
- Proactively looks for opportunities to share information and improve learning and capacity development in
This is an exciting opportunity for someone seeking to use their skills and experience to make a positive difference.
The successful applicants will possess these skills:
- Tertiary qualification, in Social Science, Arts, Law, Economics or related area
- Exhibits and model Pasifika Futures Value Expectations:
- Developing Strategic Relationships – Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence and build effective relationships with business partners (e.g., peers, functional partners, external vendors, and alliance partners).
- Communicating with Impact – Expressing thoughts, feelings, and ideas in a clear, succinct, and compelling manner in both individual and group situations; adjusting language to capture the attention of the audience.
- Driving for Results – Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goal attainment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed those goals.
- Understanding and relationship with Pacific communities including knowledge of the challenges that Pacific families face
- Postgraduate degree
- Evaluation and Research experience
- Fluency in a Pacific language
- Significant experience in writing
If this sounds like you and you want to join the Pasifika Futures team, please submit your application to Gina Harvey at Gina@Pasifikafutures.co.nz
For other enquiries please email email@example.com or call (09) 250 2761