Navigators work in an evidenced-based Pacific Whanau Ora model that is family-centred, partnership based, strengths based, and enable families to achieve the family goals and aspirations to be economically independent, to live longer and healthier lives, life-long learning, and leading for families and communities. In this way, Pacific families are enabled to set their goals and achieve their aspirations across the areas that matter to them the most.
Reports to: Navigator Lead, Etu Pasifika
Location: Christchurch Central
Industry Influence: This role is important to enable Pacific families to identify, plan and access the resources they require to achieve their family goal and aspirations
- Pacific Families in Canterbury
- Pacific Communities in Canterbury
- Etu Pasifika Medical, Social, and Behavioral Services
- DHB and Community providers of medical, Social, Behavioral service providers in Canterbury
Lead our Values
- Keeps the organisation’s vision and values at the forefront of decision-making and action.
- Be a model for the values of the organisations both internally and externally.
- Being able to engage effectively with Pacific families and build relationships based on partnership.
- Assess all the families’ needs, situations, strengths, and support networks to determine their goals and aspirations
- Support families in their planning to achieve their well-being
- Enable clients to adjust to changes and challenges in their lives such as health, education, community or unemployment.
- Research and build partnership with organisations who provide resources and support in the community.
- Be able to deal with diverse cultural values and needs.
- Record accurate and quality data in the client management data system
- Provide timely reporting when required
- Work within schools to ensure the mental well-being of children and their families are supported.
We strive to continuously “get better every day”. You will read and research widely to keep up to date with Pacific evidence base of what works across the 4 outcome domains; programs and new tools to simplify, support and/or develop monitoring and evaluation. You will participate in regular ‘enablement’ projects which focus on improvement in targeted areas.
Customer Care Quality
- At all times strive to provide total partner satisfaction through a service delivery process which continuously focuses in improvement.
- Constantly remain vigilant for improvement possibilities in the operation of the Company, bringing these to the attention of the organisation through the use of the corrective action system and by making appropriate suggestions. Acts as appropriate.
- Help ensure all personnel and quality policies and procedures are adhered to.
Health, Safety Company Policies & Wellbeing
- Accountable for complying with the company’s Health & Safety policies and procedures and ensuring the provision of optimal health and safety conditions for areas over which the incumbent has control.
- Comply with all legislative obligations.
- Take reasonable steps to understand hazards and risk associated with business activity
- Champion health and safety policy and procedures and ensures their implementation
Knowledge, Competencies/Skills, and Experience
Navigator – Social Worker
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, social services and/or other related qualifications in the mental/social/health sectors
- Full Registration/ Provisional social worker or working towards registration.
- Full driving licence required.
- Understanding theories, skills and framework and applying it to practices.
- Cultural competency
- Being able to adapt and be flexible in this role.
- Relate well to clients including all members of the family.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Commitment to complete tasks to a high standard within a time limit
- Good level of personal standards
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Ability to use initiative and take responsibility where necessary
- Good level of cultural awareness
- Relationship or previous work experience with Pacific communities
- Fluency in a Pacific language
If this sounds like you please ‘Apply Now’.
Any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Thursday 21st June, 5pm