The inaugural SunPix Pacific People’s Awards are an opportunity to honour Pacific People’s contribution to Aotearoa.
Nominations are now open from the community in five categories. The categories are:
- Pacific Community Leadership. This category recognises those Pacific People who lead community organisations in any field that strengthen Pacific communities. Our communities benefit from leadership of this kind – and many of our community leaders are our unsung heroes.
- Pacific Enterprise. Understanding and participating in the modern economy requires special skill for Pacific people. Business and economic acumen creates opportunity and jobs for our people. Nominees for this category can be made from across our communities in Aotearoa.
- Pacific Health and Wellbeing. Pacific people are conscious of our health and wellbeing despite the worrying statistics – nominations for this category will be those in the community who strive to improve the health and wellbeing of Pacific People
- Pacific Education. The key to Pacific progress in Aotearoa is Education. From early childhood education to tertiary study, this category recognises Pacific contribution to improving Pacific communities’ achievement.
- Pacific Emerging Leadership. This category recognises Pacific Youth Leadership and the valuable foundation Pacific Youth Leadership creates for the future. Nominees in this category should be aged between 16 and 23.
Nominations close on Wednesday 30 September 2015.
Nominations are restricted to Pacific People living in New Zealand.
The Awards ceremony will be screened on air in a one hour Tagata Pasifika special on Saturday 5 December 2015.